The moisture saturated hot air thawing makes it possible to abtain the following advantages with respect to other systems:
- After thawing the product has the same characteristics as fresh product before freezing;
- Extremely low shrinkage with limited protein loss;
- The product keeps the original colour;
- Minimal water consumption for each thawing cycle;
- Product surface temperature control to reduce the risk of bacterial load to a minimum;
- Short thawing times with low energy costs.
Saturated air thawing is used to thaw hams, shoulders, blocks of meat, poultry, fish and other products.
The control and regulation of the thawing cycle is realized through a microprocessor with 9 programmes which can be memorized, each comprising 4 phases.
The temperature probes, positioned in the room, on the surface and in the centre of the product to be thawed control, via the microprocessor, the intervention of the heating, moisturizing and air circulation system.
At the end of the thawing cycle the refrigeration system is automatically activated to stabilize and preserve the product.